Choosing an HDL
Sometimes it might be hard to choose which language to use, especially if you're choosing which one to learn from scratch. This guide is here to help you choose one that will be the best fit for you.
This is not an exhaustive list, and should serve only as a guideline of what the reader would need to research to decide for themselves.
VHDL might be a good choice if you fall in the following categories:
- You don't mind verboseness;
- You are in Europe. Many professional companies have a VHDL preference; 
- You are in USA, and plan to work in defense, or avionics industries; 
- You like strongly-typed languages;
- You like/don't mind Pascal-like syntax.
- You are in USA, and plan to work in commercial industries. 
- Based on Google Trends