Logisim is an educational tool for designing and simulating digital logic circuits. With its simple toolbar interface and simulation of circuits as you build them, it is simple enough to facilitate learning the most basic concepts related to logic circuits. With the capacity to build larger circuits from smaller subcircuits, and to draw bundles of wires with a single mouse drag, Logisim can be used (and is used) to design and simulate entire CPUs for educational purposes.
- It is cross-platform (Java);
- Easy to use interface to visually build (draw) logic circuits, abstract them into modules (subcircuits), allowing for hierarchical circuit design;
- Allow exporting circuits as images;
- Included circuit components include inputs and outputs, gates, multiplexers, arithmetic circuits, flip-flops, and RAM memory;
- The included "combinational analysis" module allows for conversion between circuits, truth tables, and Boolean expressions.